SailNet Community - View Single Post - what do you keel bolts look like?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Re: what do you keel bolts look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
What you describe sounds like the way the keel is mounted on a Thunderbird - essentially large flathead machine screws upside down through the flange.

I'm not certain but I would suspect the keel on a Coronado would be mounted like the keel on My Columbia 43 which was similar but utilized studs threaded into the flange rather than jumbo screws through the flange.

That's the way it was done on the Columbia 26 which I believe was the same hull, with a different "lid" as the Coronado 27....
Maybe. However, that's what the keel on my Victory 21 was like. Granted, the V21 is a much smaller boat. But, it was built by Wesco, which became Coronado (or did Wesco build Coronados and Victories? ... whatever). I suspect that all the keels on their smaller boats were similar. On the other hand, if the Columbia 26 had bolts threaded into the keel, who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
Do the following pics qualify me for "guru" status?
Nope. Everything is too neat. Not broken hacksaw blades littering the area. No empty beer cans. No half used-up first aid kit. The whole thing looks obviously staged to me.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook