SailNet Community - View Single Post - what do you keel bolts look like?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: what do you keel bolts look like?

hank mckune built victories, thunderbirds, helped with coronado, as they came from hank's molds, he also make olympian, yorktown, champion, all american, and consulted with others--charlie morgan, frank butler--in their origins in boat building history. all hank's keels were same in shape, and they were unique in their attachment techniques. coronado 30 and 34 came from olympian molds and much of hank's knowledge went into catalina , coronado, morgan and some few others. hank was an olympic gold medalist, and was the host of the first ever comedy talk show on television. when he left tv, he began building dinghies, a she called them.
i owned an olympian 34 and an all american 30, and i commissioned from hank a 42 ft yorktown...looong ago. he was a very interesting soul.

wesco may have bought the molds from hank, but then, as hank is no longer available fro comment, is an unknown...hank was sneaky .

maine--your bilge is gorgeous!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 10-19-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook