SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Around Long Island
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012

liveincolor is on a distinguished road
Sailing Around Long Island

Hey guys, thought I'd turn to my favorite forum for this discussion. I'm planning to sail my boat home around Long Island (not a complete circumnavigation) from Montauk to Fire Island Inlet via the Long Island Sound and New York Harbor. You can lend your advice if you like, but the purpose of this thread is not for helping plan it. I'm going alone at the end of the month and will be taking my time based on conditions. I will be writing about the whole trip as I go and keeping my newly started blog up to date on it (Captain Sebastian and Saoirse). I'd like to hear some ideas on how to promote my trip. It's not huge, but at this time of year, on a 20 footer and solo I think its something a magazine might like to see. How can I reach out to various sailing magazines about it ? Just a simple e-mail ? My dream is to one day be sailing around the world surfing, writing, logging etc and I figure I'll just start now in my own waters with the boat I have while I work on making that dream happen. So if you don't mind, please share some ideas. Thanks all

20' Hurley
a strong, stout little sailboat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook