SailNet Community - View Single Post - Simple electrical panel
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012

asdf38 is on a distinguished road
Re: Simple electrical panel

Yeah, here are a couple more shots where you should be able to see everything. The labels are Cabin Lights, VHF, Depth Sounder, Accessory (lighter plugs), Unused, Spreader Lights, Anchor light (masthead) if you can't.

The nav/steaming lights are on a DPDT switch so one way just the nav lights come on, the other way both come on. This saves a switch for the steaming lights which I don't need to operate by itself anyway.

As you can see every switch has an indicator LED which is after the fuse. The 12V LED indicates that the panel is powered and the amber charge LED is driven by the bluesea ACR relay (I don't have a shore charger).

I like the panel a lot especially the indicator LED's which are just the right brightness - enough to see during the day but not too bright at night. It's nice having the gauge although it's hard to read accurately where it's positioned on the boat. A digital gauge would have been more practical although I like the look of the analog one. The backlight for the analog gauge and compass are wired to the nav lights. The panel itself is solid stained oak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0754.jpeg (87.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Panel.jpg (58.6 KB, 280 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook