SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very Good Vendor Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012

svandante is on a distinguished road
Re: Very Good Vendor Thread

I'll have to throw my hat in the ring for Dometic Corp's customer service department. In June I purchased a new A/B Coldmachine 100 and their 150 evaporator to replace the old system on my boat which had failed while in Mexico. I had a cooling problem after installation of the new system with a cracked weld in the copper tubing from the evaporator to the compressor. I was not a happy camper, to say the least. Dometic's initial recommendation was to remove the unit and send it for warranty repair to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Absolutely out of the question. All I wanted to know was if they had someone in Mazatlan, locally. Nope! I ultimately had it repaired by a local Mexican refrigeration tech. Although I couldn't show any invoice for the repair work, as services are generally paid for in cash down here, Dometic's customer service stood behind their product and compensated me for the work I had done locally. I wanted to express my satisfaction with the timely resolution of the problem by email and was told that in the 28 years with the company, the person who had been helping me had never had a positive comment on his customer service assistance. It's kinda' sad when you find so few of us have so little good to say, isn't it? My emails were also forwarded to the president of their marine division, who sent me a nice email as well insuring that I had been helped to my fullest satisfaction. So, just my too cents worth.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook