SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012

L124C is on a distinguished road
Re: Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
I just read this whole thread and the first thing I noticed was the OP had not been rafted up too, only the crew man had been dropped off and was using the OPs boat as access to the public wharf. As the OP was blocking access to the public wharf, I can see no harm. Had he been on his boat I would assume the trespasser would have asked permission. Lay a blanket in front of a public thoroughfare, expect people to step on it.
Might want to read the OP again. You misunderstood the situation/facts and I don't know how to make them any clearer. In any case, your hypothetical "intruder" would have come from a boat that would have needed to raft to my boat (no matter how briefly) to make the transition. In that surge, anything less (i.e., a drive by jump off) would have been very dicey for the boats and especially the "trespasser".
As to your last point... I get it. "Put anything between me and where I want to go and I'll use it to get there - Regardless of rules, regulations, courtesy or common sense. I understand, I've been warned! That alone makes this thread worthwhile.

Last edited by L124C; 10-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook