Re: Morgan OutIsland 41 for Bluewater?
I was expecting folks to recommend letting the jib back-wind to force the bow over. Standard Hobie 16 technique.
Most any boat will tack like that right?
Was wondering if there were any other techniques besides:
1. Basic feel
2. back-winding the jib.
3. Falling off a little to increase speed
4. Trimming sails to increase speed
5. Timing of waves to help push the bow.
6. Being careful about the speed of the turn to not stall the boat with the rudder.
7. Knowledge that with certain wind an current conditions it's just not going to happen.
what else do you have?