SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

Wow, What a day ,finally did some Sailing. And it felt great to heel and feel the wind pull on the rigging, awsome. Makes it all worth it.
We sailed all the way to the ol' gal w/ the torch - Lady liberty- and now we're anchored in one of my favorite jump off points for the jersey coast, in the little cut next to Liberty ,NJ. state park. Just west of the statue of liberty. It's totaly a protected anchorage good holding and ony about 10' deep.
so in the morning you don't have a cartiac arrest raining the anchor ! We even grilled chicken on the back deck it is such a nice evening for October.
And to top it off, an aquaintence we met a while back is anchored here as well. Always nice to see a familiar face when out of the home port.
So , it's check the weather and make a jump. Right now it looks like a good window for the next couple days, but I'll reavaluate again in the Morning.
Oh, the Beacon anchorage north of the mooring field worked out like a charm . Easy in and out and it was calm all night as a bonus. Slept well, and needed it.
Tonight is going to be another good restful night at anchor. You just can't beat being at anchor on a good night.
good night !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook