SailNet Community - View Single Post - Found Sail Boat in my Back yard
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012

acarter92 is on a distinguished road
Re: Found Sail Boat in my Back yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drhoward View Post
Ya the boat is stored outside, and it according to the neighbors it has been for quite some time. I had a guy on a local car message board that I frequent offer me 200 for it. I am going to try to get some pictures up here somehow, I have them up at photobucket yu guess can just browse them there

Damn I can't ever post the link to my main gallery, if you search for drhoward69 that's my page, the boat is the first few pictures

Don't mind all the car pictures or various other retarded pictures I have up on there, lol

Well, from the pics the hull doesn't LOOK bad, but thats a hard one to tell from pics. Looks like everything is there, I don't see the rudder, but I see the tiller so maybe it's hidden. Used sails can be picked up very cheap on ebay, craigslist, etc... The trailer looks pretty bad, and I'm sure you don't have the title so that is probably worthless...

If it was me and I didn't want it, I'd probably take the $200 and save myself the trouble. You could probably get a little more if you cleaned it up and sold it at the right time of year. If you want to try it out and the hull is solid, then buy a sail and give it a try. I'm sure you'll get the money you invested back if all you buy is a sail...

Just my 2cents,
Austin

Mike Carter

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Mark Twain

Last edited by acarter92; 10-22-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook