SailNet Community - View Single Post - Climate change?
Thread: Climate change?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Climate change?

Hard to say Hartley. I have noticed that winters seem to be drier but then Australia has been largely in drought for the past decade while last summer, when the drought broke we had a real wet one. The NSW coast tends to have fairly entrenched weather patterns, our summer prevailing is a nor easter (heat inversion and all that, sucking air in over the coast) with sou east changes coming through at irregular intervals as the cold fronts move up from the southern ocean. I'll watch what happens over this coming summer and we'll see if it follows regular patterns.

Now OK so it does seem to me that we are having steamier summers hinting at the tropical weather moving south but I have no proof at my finger tips as to whether that is climate change related or not. My belief is that it is but then I am one who is content to accpet that climate change is happening and that we as a species do have something to do with that.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook