SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Brent-
Oh, so we're changing the argument again, now you are claiming a mooring is obstructing an entire anchorage so you can't ANCHOR there?

I'm lucky, I live in a place where an "obstruction to navigation" can and will be cleared, and if the owner is found, he'll pay for the privilege of having it cleared.

Chef-
"cause we keep the rift raft out. We have that right." Yes you do. And having seen the way "group minds" often operate, I hope you have an exceptional group. Stepford Wives, perhaps. (G)
In theory an HOA is a wonderful thing. As long as everyone has bought in with eyes wide open and marches to the same drummer, wonderful thing. And I still wouldn't buy into one, because if I decided to rip up the front lawn and plant wildflowers in order to create a bird sanctuary, I wouldn't want to argue about why my grass wasn't 1.4" tall. Then someone changes a rule and the majority says, no, it should be 1.6" tall...Crowdsourcing may work for some things, for some times, but as the crowd changes or even ages...that's a lot of shackles to have on your ankles. I don't say they are ALL bad, but Stepford Wives were highly endorsed too. Not my kettle of tea, wouldn't want to sign into a contract knowing the neighbors could all be replaced, one at a time, and then one day, shazaam, the entire board is certifiable. Glad you've got one that's superior.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook