SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
post #121 of Old 10-22-2012
hellosailor
Reward for lost Kraken!

Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Brent-
Oh, so we're changing the argument again, now you are claiming a mooring is obstructing an entire anchorage so you can't ANCHOR there?

I'm lucky, I live in a place where an "obstruction to navigation" can and will be cleared, and if the owner is found, he'll pay for the privilege of having it cleared.

Chef-
"cause we keep the rift raft out. We have that right." Yes you do. And having seen the way "group minds" often operate, I hope you have an exceptional group. Stepford Wives, perhaps. (G)
In theory an HOA is a wonderful thing. As long as everyone has bought in with eyes wide open and marches to the same drummer, wonderful thing. And I still wouldn't buy into one, because if I decided to rip up the front lawn and plant wildflowers in order to create a bird sanctuary, I wouldn't want to argue about why my grass wasn't 1.4" tall. Then someone changes a rule and the majority says, no, it should be 1.6" tall...Crowdsourcing may work for some things, for some times, but as the crowd changes or even ages...that's a lot of shackles to have on your ankles. I don't say they are ALL bad, but Stepford Wives were highly endorsed too. Not my kettle of tea, wouldn't want to sign into a contract knowing the neighbors could all be replaced, one at a time, and then one day, shazaam, the entire board is certifiable. Glad you've got one that's superior.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome