SailNet Community - View Single Post - Too Much, Too Soon?
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 10-22-2012
Re: Too Much, Too Soon?

Originally Posted by SpecOnAPaleBlueDot View Post
Hello everyone,
I havenít set foot on a sailboat in quite a while, and never acted as crew on one before, but I generally love the feel of being on the water in most any boat. Assuming that I truly enjoy sailing as much as I remember, I was wondering if any of you have encountered or heard anything about the ASA SUPER TRACK. Itís the certification for 101-105 over a span of one week. It certainly makes sense financially, as itís a few hundred dollars cheaper than taking each course individually, and taking time off of work would be more manageable, as I could take a single week off instead of a few days at a time. But, Iím worried that taking all of those courses at once would be too much in too small amount of time. What are your thoughts?

My experience is that the ASA classes are excellent but I'm in complete agreement with those who suggest doing the classes over a longer period, getting some experience in between. Normally ASA 101 takes 4 days, 103 4 days, and so on. That time on the water is valuable.

Bristol 31.1, San Francisco Bay
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome