SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
And I still wouldn't buy into one, because if I decided to rip up the front lawn and plant wildflowers in order to create a bird sanctuary, I wouldn't want to argue about why my grass wasn't 1.4" tall. Then someone changes a rule and the majority says, no, it should be 1.6" tall...Crowdsourcing may work for some things, for some times, but as the crowd changes or even ages...that's a lot of shackles to have on your ankles. I don't say they are ALL bad, but Stepford Wives were highly endorsed too. Not my kettle of tea, wouldn't want to sign into a contract knowing the neighbors could all be replaced, one at a time, and then one day, shazaam, the entire board is certifiable. Glad you've got one that's superior.-Hellosailor
Again a little hyperbole or intellectual excerise. Our eality is different. Our community is certainly no Stepford Wives community. The common areas are all done and beautifully landscapped with lots of flowers, flowering trees etc. We back up to a farm and forrest. No one tells us about grass cutting as the community does it.

Our properties resale is 15% greater than close neighboring similar communiies and properties without a common HOA. Only takes a few hoarders or rotten nerighbors or apples to spoil the communities appearence to effect that.

As I mentioned it isnt for everyone and no one MAKES people live in our community, but if you do you follow specific rules voted upon by members of the community. This is not unlike a club you CHOOSE to belong to, It seems to work where I live. No one is grousing about a Gestapo HOA setting crazy rules. It hasnt been "taken over" by a group of what did you call them "certifiable crazies". If indeed this happened guess what...I would either vote them out.....or exercise my other option....MOVE. I beleive like minded people have the right to set rules on the appearence where they live as long as they arent discriminatory, predudicial or against the law.

The opperative point here is you are not forced to move there. You have the choice not to. I will keep on the lookout to see if the Stepfords start taking over now and be on Stepford patrol

Dave

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 10-23-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook