SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing the water tank in a 37 Endeavour -- Part I
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012

bigdogandy is on a distinguished road
Re: Replacing the water tank in a 37 Endeavour -- Part I

Great idea to have multiple ways to fill the tanks.....I have a deck fill and an access hatch on mine I can use. I need to get into mine and do a good cleaning, but the drawback is that the old tank is a molded in tank (65 gallons, which is great for a small boat like mine) under the vee-berth and the lid section is fastened with a million screws and 5200 so I'll have to take a saw to it to get it out and I'm not sure how to fasten it back down so it doesn't leak afterward. That will be a project for next summer.

I did change out the holding tank and hoses on my boat a while back. It took about a month of working a couple of hours on Saturdays and Sundays to get it done. Before I started the project I thought "OK, I'll be conservative and allow an entire Saturday afternoon for this......" But, I am happy with the way it turned out. I have the y-valve locked in the pumpout position because I haven't installed the hand pump for overboard discharge yet, but how long could that take?
1981 Endeavour 32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
- Wendell Berry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook