SailNet Community - View Single Post - can I afford to continue sailing
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012

AKscooter is on a distinguished road
Re: can I afford to continue sailing

Welllll... let me preface this by saying my last marriage cost me oh around 400k....and gi a few more for miscellaneous fees. Was working nearly 6 days a week for 3+ years except for sundays, with 5 extra days off a year......I was killing myself....tried to explain that to the ex....well......she was more concerned about her security than my deteriorating health......anyway...it went very slowly and painfully.........Many times my thought was I would rather live in a tent on a muddy field than in the situation I was in.....so....Your dad had a dream and never had a chance.....you have a dream....started to live it and then....1,300 comes in the way of that...hmmm...what on earth can you get for 1,300 a year that is gonna replace the feeling??? More important what does she want that 1,300 for????? Some serious miscommunication is going on...and....with two small chillen' the courts are gonna rape you.....cactus style......ex friends and families are gonna too...... So what to do? Stand your ground? Kowtow? my advice...look for a way to find out the real issue that your wife is not telling you.....then see what the real cards are and play it the best you can. $1,300 is peanuts......but a person who is a miserable drain on your life is coyote ugly. (U would chew your arm off the morning after you slept with her just to get away) Sometimes the wrong one is just that the wrong one.....but I have to believe there are other issues besides 1,300.........good luck!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook