SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why so many unused boats?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012
C&C 34

MysticGringo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MysticGringo Send a message via AIM to MysticGringo Send a message via Yahoo to MysticGringo Send a message via Skype™ to MysticGringo
I bought my boat about 6 years ago. It's in VA, while I'm a 10 hour drive away in OH. I had great plans... but life doesn't care what plans you make. So I would settle for coming for a week every month or two... often just to work on her, and not even sail.

The last time I came was for 2 weeks. That was 2 months ago and I could leave... so now I'm job hunting. Ice sailed more in these 2 months than I did the first 2 years I owned her, which I'm embarrassed/sad about. But that's changing now.

You or I don't know what's going on in people's lives to keep them off their boat. There was a boat docked next to me that apparently had been there for 10 years, and the owner had never been there once (according to Marina manager, who's pretty ontop of things). He came one day opened the boat up, took a few things off, and was gone an hour later. He told the marina he's going to sell the boat and buy another one. A few people have called him offering to buy the boat and he's gotten very offended that they would do that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook