SailNet Community - View Single Post - can I afford to continue sailing
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012

ABH3 Boyer is on a distinguished road
Re: can I afford to continue sailing

The boat is a 26 foot Lugar. I can trailer it and launch it but setting up the mast every time I wanted to go sailing would take an hour out of a 4 hour sailing trip. I live only about 10 minuets from lake Erie. I got the boat for free and overhauled it with the proceeds from the sale of my last boat. As far as making extra money to pay for it I have already made arrangements for that. I'm a carpenter and have enough side jobs already lined up to finance it in full. The problem is that there is always something else that we need and dock fees fall very low on her list of prioritys. Our children like sailing but the wife dosn't. She was a fan of the power boat when we were moving but dosn't like the motion of a sailboat. I havent been able to get her out for more than a few hours and she definately dosn't relax while were underway. I think it might even be a controll thing with her because she dosnt become physically sick and shes not afraid of the water. She was a life guard for many years and can swim circles around me. I also spend money on nothing else. I'm the kind of guy that will wear a pair of shoes until there are holes in them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cheektowaga-20111009-00118.jpg (44.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Cheektowaga-20120521-00518.jpg (37.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg West Seneca-20111008-00112.jpg (40.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Tonawanda City-20120510-00505.jpg (44.9 KB, 52 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook