SailNet Community - View Single Post - Review of my season on Georgian Bay
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012

chamonix is on a distinguished road
Re: Review of my season on Georgian Bay

A kind of funny story happens a Clear Bay. We decide to go for a dinghy ride after lunch on Friday.
As mentioned, there is another sailboat at anchor in the bay. So far we have seen no signs of life on board. No lights of any kind had been on during the night, not even cabin lights.
So I'm sitting at the stern waiting for Judi to get ready ( which seems to consist of reading War and Peace, cover to cover ), and I'm thinking as follows. Whats with that boat? Why haven't we seen anybody? Has it been abandoned? Maybe its a solo sailor who's had a heart attack below deck. Perhaps a couple or family that have been affected by Carbon monoxide. Well it's been over 20 hours so they will be well and truly dead by now. Damn, they could have been down in the cabin for days, possible even weeks. This isn't fair, I'm supposed to be on vacation, can't I get away from this crap. Get a grip Steve, you letting your imagination run wild. It could be something simple....like there having a wild sex orgy down below ( for decency ). Nah... that boat looks to be the same size as ours, they would have to be midgets to make that work.
The wife appears. As we're getting into the dinghy I tell the wife I want to check out the other boat, just in case (IN CASE THERE'S A ORGY). About halfway to the other boat someone appears on deck. There upright and healthy. WHEW, vacations back on. " Alright, wild midget sex orgy it was". OOOPS... did I just say that out loud. The wife gives me a withering look. I do some explaining. The wife wonders, out loud, why she married me. I like to be helpful so suggest that, perhaps, she had not been getting any younger, there was nobody else and that she had been desperate. Apparently that was not the case.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook