SailNet Community - View Single Post - can I afford to continue sailing
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012
Aspiring to be a Mexican

sww914 is on a distinguished road
Re: can I afford to continue sailing

Is there a way you can easily make extra money and null her argument? Whatever business you're involved in may have products or parts that you know all about that you can buy and sell. I know about Porsches so I used to buy and sell Porsche parts. For instance, I bought a dead engine once for $1000.00 I parted it out and got about $3500.00 for the good parts. Just the carbs alone (the first piece to go) sold for $997.00 and I got another $300.00 for the air cleaners. The point is that I knew that they were worth that when I bought the engine.
Another time I bought a pile of questionable transmissions for $150.00. I *thought* some of them might have had rare gear ratios in them. It turned out that 2 of them had some rare gears. The first set went for $300.00, the second for $425.00 and there was about 10 more sets that were desirable.
Almost everybody knows enough about something to do the same. If you can, you can just kill her argument about money and maybe get to the real issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook