SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Hanse 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi, Andrew,

Have a look at page 308 posts 3072, 3073, 3074.

Please quote at will and tell us what you think about the boat and if you agree with the expressed opinions. Welcome to the discussion

Regards

Paulo
Sorry paulo, I missed that roundup of those three boats. Probably agree with you re the Swedestar as the pick of that litter. Very nice and for me that keel makes a lot of sense for a cruising boat, though admittedly not a lot of difference to the HR or the X. From the pics looks to be high quality fitout. Having lived with curved cusions on settee with our Malo that is one interior feature that I have come to loath.

The XC was for me the highlight of the recent Sydney Boat Show though to be honest it didn't have much competition. Not quite up to Malo or HR in interior fitout but overall nice boat and as you say would almost certainly outperform the HR. Maybe a bit too much of a racer for me ? Not sure. Teak deck was not my idea of a quality deck but if I was buying new I wouldn't go teak deck, just cockpit.

I know it is conservative but ignoring the dollars I would still be happy with the HR, the interior works pretty well for me, overall best build quality if we exclude any Malos and small features for me make her a better all round long term cruiser.

I should go back and look at the similar sized current model Malos. I cannot remember why I dismissed them. Maybe because the comparitive model(s) are getting a bit old now.

btw .... I love those turning blocks on the coachroof of the Comet. How clever is that ?

cheers

Andrew B

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook