SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing the water tank in a 37 Endeavour -- Part I
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012

Location: Utah (House & Macgregor 26 Classic) -- Florida (Endeavour 37)
Sumner10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Replacing the water tank in a 37 Endeavour -- Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogandy View Post
Great idea to have multiple ways to fill the tanks.....I have a deck fill and an access hatch on mine I can use....
I'll have something pretty much the same with a deck fill and also a access hatch (screw in clear Sea Dog) in the top of one. I should be able to fill the others via the one. We have found that at times we carry 4 gallon water containers ashore with the dinghy and want to be able to easily fill a tank with those either at the deck fill or with the access hatch.

Also I'm putting a 6 gallon Todd tank up in the coaming, just fits, ahead of the starboard cockpit locker. It will fill with either a pressure hose, by hand or via the pressure water system getting water from the tanks in the bilge. Then if we had a problem with the pressure system the 6 gallon will gravity feed to the sink. We also might just use it while on stands in the yard with a water hose connected to it and leave the tanks below empty until we put in.

Worst case out on the water if the pressure system when down we could transfer water from the tanks below to a 4 gallon container with a small 12 volt elect pump like we use on the Mac. Then carry that container up and put it into the 6 gallon tank above. Use out of it and repeat.

Sum

========================

Our 37 Endeavour --- Our 26 MacGregor --- Trips With Both

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook