SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello All, New SailBoat Owner & Smiling (1st day)
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
Re: Hello All, New SailBoat Owner & Smiling (1st day)

My View Point... I've been a Army pilot since 1969 and have flown in & around weather. I've always stayed clear of the (real) bad stuff. I've never had a reason to get one bead of sweat worked up in 42 years +. I realize that we have 24/7 coverage of the weather these days. I'd like to team up with an experienced skipper and try to learn all I can. I'd like to have the self confidence.... that I know what I'm doing and would not make a fatal mistake. I don't want to be in constant fear; I need to be able to handle higer winds (+35, up to 50 knts). I've always been a fair weather sailor in Grenada. I would be .. very concerned, if I was caught in higher winds, etc. (fair Wx. sailor). If I'd get caught in bad weather.. I might lose my little I-37 boat (based on zero experience) with higher winds, hvy. rain & rough seas. I might be caught trying to get to shore with weather closing in on me. Currently, I'd be freaking out with lot's of sweat on my face. I'd like to know what my little old (I-37) boat is capable of with a good skipper on deck. I realize that most boats are capable of taking on a little weather. The bottom line, does the skipper (good seamanship) know exactly what to do.. to get clear of the stormy weather, high winds, whatever befalls him/ her.

I'm going to try to post some picture's or my boat. I've done nothing to the I-37 MS and these are pic's. prior to transport.

Last edited by HighFly_27; 10-31-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: made a mistake
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook