SailNet Community - View Single Post - Texas to Mex. Riviera, to Cayamans
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012
freedom seeker

tapske is on a distinguished road
Re: Texas to Mex. Riviera, to Cayamans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2belize&back View Post
just sailed from tampa 2belize&back2texas, august & september,in a 22 footer.have many highlights of trip & info,i.e. incredible currents in the yucatan channel, wind behavior along mexican coast 2 belize city,a great place to dock or moor 15 miles south of cancun ect...feel free to ask.

2belize,

To me that is a long way on a 22 footer !! balls of steel man !!

I know all to well the current running along yucatan. I know between mainland Mexico and Cozumel 5+ knot Northern current is normal and can get quite a bit faster.
I am VERY VERY interested in your trip. and what you know....and knew...and thought you knew before you went...and learned on the way, and on the way back.....what you shoulda done....what you shouldn't have done.....what you wish you woulda done....what you're glad you didn't do...where you would've liked to spend more time... where you couldn't wait to get out of...etc...etc.... blogs...pics...videos...stories.....feed me !!! ......

fair winds..... you 22' maniac (22' ! that's Lunacy...... which by the way is what I named my boat.............................................. .................. . "Luna-Sea" (documented)

---tapske...
NIF

Last edited by tapske; 10-24-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook