SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

Joe,
Strange tales from Tarrytown Marina and leaky diesel fuel! I'm sure that some arm, leg or whatever appendage of the NYS DEP would be interested in your report.

I helped out on a sailboat on the leg from Cape May to NYC this past June. That is one loooong haul. I could not sleep being on an unfamiliar boat and wanting to see it all. I was exhausted when I was dropped of at 23rd St. in Manhattan. The other 2 guys went up to Nyack (another 5 hour stretch) by boat. I felt like a traitor but I'd done the NYC to Nyack leg before and pretty as some of it is I would not have lasted, no how, no way.
There really is nothing else like sailing at night on the ocean and watching the sun set and rise again.
I wish you good luck for your passage up the Delaware after your crew rests up and regains their composure.
It is still a looong way from the Chesapeake but there is a new tropical storm, soon to be hurricane Sandy heading north from Jamaica. Hopefully it won't affect the east coast much but I'd rather be in the Chessy then Delaware Bay when it got near.
You are just around the corner from crab and oyster country (really more crab than oyster these days) so keep on chugging if you have to.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook