SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012

steel is on a distinguished road
Re: Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L124C View Post
Brings me back to a question I asked in post #61 (don't think anyone addressed it). So, if the person "sharing" your land is injured as a result, are you responsible as a property owner? If they damage your property while "sharing" it, are they responsible? How does that work in France?
No you can't sue over everything there. If you get hurt that's your problem. As far as damaging other people's property I'm not sure if or how the law differs from here.

They have this fun above ground climbing place by Grenoble where they have stuff installed on the trees and all sorts of things to climb through, like a set of barrels hanging in mid air in between two trees maybe 25 feet high. There are steel cables going along all the climbing paths and you hook yourself with your harness up to at least one cable AT ALL TIMES using your two clips. If you fall off and die I'm pretty sure they are not liable. We were 14 year old boys up there using it and it was fun. Our parents decided that we were able to do it safely and that was it.

Quote:
Wow!...You ARE liberal! Without even knocking or ringing the bell? What if you and a loved one were spontaneously being intimate on the stairs in the hallway (uncomfortable, I know, but just go with me on this!)? Would you simply ask said landlord to join in?
I think he knocked and then waited a minute or less and then unlocked the door. My mom was like that's something you sure wouldn't do in America.

In these cultures, people rely more on physical means to protect their property and not on expected courtesy and the legal system so much. If you leave your bike outside in public for 5 minutes unlocked it's just expected that it will be stolen.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook