SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Lets get some good sunrise/sunset pictures....

414K views 1K replies 542 participants last post by  tempest 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ADDITION BY CD

THIS HAS BECOME AB OUTSTANDING THREAD. I HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE IT A STICKY. I ENCOURAGE ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO WISHES TO PARTICIPATE TO FEEL FREE TO POST. STEPS TO POSTING ARE HERE: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/28958-steps-posting-pictures.html

FOR THOSE THAT SIMPLY WANT TO LOOK, GO AHEAD. IF THESE PAGES DON'T GET YOU EXCITED ABOUT BOATING, NOTHING WILL. RELAX AND ENJOY.

- CD

Ill post this to counteract my thread about crushing the boat.

Lets post up some good sunrise/sunset pictures.

I took this one lastnight.

See less See more
#1,083 ·
Not as magnificent as many of the others, but figured I would share. This was just pre-dawn on our (wife and I) first overnight passage. No wind to speak of, we were damp and cold from the dew and condensation over every surface. We hadn't run the engine at all, out of sheer stubbornness. It was worth every bit of discomfort to see and feel the sun rise over the ocean that morning.

Oh yeah, and the stars from that night... no moon, so it was amazing.

#1,084 ·
Gave you a 'like' for the sentiment, as much as the picture! ;)

#1,094 ·
Sea Bird off the coast of Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste, Costa Rica

#1,095 ·
This was taken from aboard Sea Bird on a sunset cruise.
I have hundreds of amazing sunset photos!

#1,096 ·
The famous "Monkey Head Rock" in Spanish (locally) known as "Cabeza de Mono."
Sometimes referred to as King Kong Rock too.

Michael Douglas was just here last March. (See Monkey Head Rock behind him in the top left photo.)
:)

#1,098 ·
Yesterday's sunset from Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica

#1,099 ·
Another one taken from Coco Beach (Playas del Coco, Costa Rica.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.