SailNet Community - View Single Post - Review of my season on Georgian Bay
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012

chamonix is on a distinguished road
Re: Review of my season on Georgian Bay

We follow the SCR along then branch northeast up the south channel. I know I've stated how narrow the SCR can get, but this is really narrow, and long and narrow. It's a Sat. and people are going to and fro from all the cottages, it's busy.
The wife's loving it. She's checking out the lovely scenery, checking out all the cottages, she's even waving at the power boats ambushing us at the narrows. I'm trying to keep from giving them the finger.
I'm checking the charts, checking ahead, checking the depthsounder and compass, checking ahead, checking the chartplotter, checking ahead, and finally a quick look behind for power boats trying to give us the nautical equivalent of a wedgie. My head's spinning so much I must look like Linda Blair in The Exorcist.
We make it to the swing bridge at the end of the south channel, another first. Had been concerned about going through the bridge, but it was a piece of cake. We're through and into Parry Sound. We radio and get a slip at the municipal docks. As we tie up to the dock the wife says " that was great !". Me, " yeah, it was wonderful". Wife, "what's wrong with you ?". Me, "neck's a bit stiff".

Last edited by chamonix; 10-24-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook