SailNet Community - View Single Post - BOSS Sailing School - St Vincent & the Grenadines
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012

MokaKat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MokaKat
Re: BOSS Sailing School - St Vincent & the Grenadines

Well, I can say that I had a great time last week and learned an incredable amount! I was able to obtain certifications in ASA 101, 103, 104, and 114. This was probably not possible, except there were only two students on the boat. Our instructor, Tony, was increadable, taking the time to explain and show us many things. We took turns in executing the different actions needed for each day. We sailed to 4 different islands in the Grenadines, which were beautiful with excellent snorkeling. Everyday we started the day studying, and then taking a test. We then spent some time snorkeling the area, and then we sailed to the next island. We did MOB exercises (many times), and had a great week. We did get caught in a 37 Kt squall on day, but we had reefed early and it was an exciting but calm experience. Everyone helped with the day to day chores, and we enjoyed the week. The trainer Tony, and his wife Nancy (who was teaching on a monohull at the same time), have a lot of experience and have the patience and attitude to make the learning easy. They live on their own boat s/v moondancerx and have their own blog, if you are interested in their activities. So to sum it up, I highly recommend this school, especially with either Tony or Nancy teaching. You will enjoy your week, and achieve your goals. I believe that Tony and Nancy make the difference, at least in my training. I can share more information about my week if interested.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook