SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012

skygazer is on a distinguished road
Re: Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L124C View Post
I agree, but this thread has certainly pointed out that many don't share that view.
BTW, if you have followed this thread, you will know that the comment by "crisncate" you responded to was tongue in cheek (I think it's safe to assume!). Though, similar opinions have been stated here by others.
Was there any logical reason you could see for them moving your boat? I.e., did your original mooring accommodate a larger vessel?
Yes, tongue in cheek, that's why I laughed.

No visible reason for the move, lots of empty moorings everywhere, most power boats were gone for the year, only sailboats left. There is a harbor master who could have been notified and who could notify the mooring owner (I rented it) or me. Obviously someone felt they had a reason, just can't figure it. Perhaps some local squabble with the company owning the moorings. My boat was found on another mooring owned by the same company, but no one there knew anything about it. So it had to be someone with knowledge of who owned the moorings.

Could be a bright side, maybe next year I'll ask for the new mooring, it was much closer to the town dock. But my actual mooring was nice, all sailboats around me and 3 or 4 beautiful wooden yawls with wooden spars in perfect shape. Perhaps they didn't like my ugly little modern Hunter nearby? I don't know if the new mooring is normally surrounded by power boats, which swing differently when the wind opposes the tide. I prefer the sailboats, we all swing together.

My mother had a lovely wooden yawl, maybe 40 ft or so, so I like seeing them. I thought they were rather rare, I was delighted to have them as close neighbors. There were quite a few scattered about, and we anchored at one island where we were joined by a friendly couple on one. They did not even own a motor! I watched them sail off their anchor and learned a bit just by watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook