SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Dehler 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr W View Post
If the boat hadn´t been lightweight to Dehler standards, I wonder what the weight would´ve been then!

//Mr W
To be completely honest I have to say that the guys from Dehler give more information about the boat than the guys from Salona.

Salona boats have a great deal of customization and you can have many options but basically they have 3 flexible different grades while Dehler has two rigid ones.

The first one, the cheapest boat on Salona, we can call the cruising version. Than they have a performance cruising version and a race version (IBC).

I believe the weight they give on their site is the one of the performance version that has 2.28m draft and is a vinilester/epoxy boat cored with airex.

The ballast they give on the site is the one with 1.98m. The boat with 2.28m has less ballast, if I remember well 2000Kg. The boat I almost bought was a performance version with a 2.25m draft but with 2250kg of ballast.

If I am right about that then the cruising version should weight more 400kg than the performance version and that will give a weight for that boat of about 6900kg and that is close to the weight of the cruising Dehler 38.

The Dehler in race version has 6600kg and that will correspond to the 6500kg of the Salona performance version. Only the IBC, the racing version of the Salona would be lighter.

I guess the difference is on the prices: the Salona performance cruiser version that corresponds to the Dehler racing version (built the same way) is less expensive than their basic version, that they call cruiser, that contrary to the racer version is balsa cored.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook