SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does DOW 795 ever cure, bond or dry?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012

floridajaxsailor is on a distinguished road

Good to see you amigo I was literally thinking about you today amid thoughts of the window replacement issue

In regards to the windows I'm still scheduling when I am going to do mine- probably in early November before I leave for the islands

I have been looking at several options, further, curious how you wrestled with the aluminum framing, if you did damage any sections, & did you replace it and how!

I was going to put in a solar vent this week- one of the VERY knowledgeable old-timers from the marina suggested using GE silicone, perhaps this:
http://www.caulkyourhome.com/ge-silicone-II-paintable-silicone.php
though I will ask him tomorrow- a remarkable attention to detail person, once mentioned to me he built custom boats during which the final phase involved lining up the slots on the Philips heads!

Curious about the 795 too as I remember some poster raving positive~ now I'm quite skeptical

Sure you could use some of our wonderful Florida weather for the next 2 weeks to help you dry out the product- several days of Blazing Sun... ignore the fact that were in the middle of a hurricane, yet you know what I mean
take care
-JD

Last edited by floridajaxsailor; 10-25-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook