SailNet Community - View Single Post - Post Survey Cost Estimates
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Post Survey Cost Estimates

While I would be nervous buying a boat like you describe, there are good reason to do so and just get it fixed. Paying over surveyed value is hard to reconcile.

However, this is my concern over your story. These are all things that an owner that had the desire and resources to take proper care of their boat would have addressed already. That always tells me that there could be more coming. The biggest mistake I see made is buyers thinking that once they address survey findings, they are all set. No way. The survey is as much about telling you what to expect down the road than what is wrong now.

If you have a poorly maintained boat, it will have more trouble in the years ahead than a well maintained boat, even if you fully address what is wrong now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook