SailNet Community - View Single Post - I'd Like to Obtain -- Navy Blue Jacket Manual
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
I'd Like to Obtain -- Navy Blue Jacket Manual

Looking for a Little Help to Find a Navy Blue Jacket Manual

Years ago (50/ 60's) I read my Dad's -- Navy Blue Jacket Manual. My Father (Jack) was in the Submarine Service in WW2. My Dad, passed away on 12 Dec., 2009, I think of him everyday. I'm 64 now and have found out that these WW2 men .. were Real Men. We owe this generation the - Lion's Share of Credit. They were/ still are a Special Breed (in my book). They were the No# 1 Builder's & Defender's of our Country. I take nothing away from our current day soldiers. However, I see the WW2 & Korea soldiers in another light (real tough warriors).

So, I'd love to obtain another -- Navy Blue Jacket's Manual (NBJM). I learned to swim with it (standing in 4 ft. of water). I learned most of the swimming examples, my favorite -- Austrailan crawl.

I want the NBJM for it's (general) Seamanship content but mostly.. for the rememberence of my Father. We had a fire in a storage shed in 2003; all his stuff from WW2 & mine from Vietnam & Army career was lost.

So, if you can help me obtain the purchase of the NBJM... drop me a line.

Email -- arbakerjr@hotmail.com (in Bonifay, FL 32425)

Yes, I will search here (classified) and other places and will see what comes up, but these manuals are not that common, they pop up.. just, once n' awhile.

*** Also, I need to bone up on Sailing and plan on going out in April of 2013. I'm a reader and looking for 2 or 3.. Great to have Books on Sailing. I'd like these books to cover things from A to Z. I plan on starting off in the Panama City, FL (local FL area) and then range out to the Bahama's. I have not sailed on blue water since 1983. I need to do my home wook & regain my confidence. I will plan a trip down to -- Grenada & return (2014) but One Step at a time. So, include .. Recommended Reading for the Carb. as well.

*** Yep, I can go to a book store but would rather have someone (here) recommend the best books they've read and see it echo'd by a 2nd person.

Thanks in Advance,

Avery (HighFly27)

Last edited by HighFly_27; 10-26-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook