SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Pictures: Those perfect moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaloc75 View Post
Thanks! We were there this September and had the sound to ourselves, it was incredible.
Yeah, don't tell anybody but September and October in Desolation sound and the gulf is amazing for its solitude. I remember arriving at Prideaux Haven and expecting 200 boats like the guide book told me I would see.

Not one boat besides us. I anchored right in the middle, put out 10:1 just for the heck of it (first time in 3 months that I could really chose the scope I wanted) and enjoyed going to sleep at one end of the harbor and waking up at the other end. We had it all to ourselves for several days.

The only reason we left Desolation sound in October to return to dock living was because we didn't pack enough warm clothes (it was only going to be a 2 month trip but became 4.5 months) and I didn't have a wood stove yet. The dickenson diesel was keeping us warm but was burning up the last of our meager cash reserves....

Good times with all beauty and solitude to ourselves....

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook