SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many women here own their own boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012

Jeff_Mac22 is on a distinguished road
Re: How many women here own their own boat?

Being a “different” type of person all my life, I always considered myself and opinions to be welcome in both men’s and women’s groups so I never bother to look at the restrictions. But this experience has once again hurt, just a little. Curious though, does your reply that mean you go to “hisSailnet” when you only want to talk to men sailors? Is there an "alternative lifestyle sailnet"? I guess I would be restricted to that one. You know, the one that you are respected for who you are not what “defects” you happened to be born with. But really, I just want to sail, I want to learn from others so I do not have to make every sailing mistake myself and frankly I just do not care what the gender is of those I can learn from. Mostly I like to be in the company of people who like to sail. I feel we ALL have very different life experiences and it is those differences that make us stronger as a group. But apparently there are still people in the world that want to divide us, and yes, I suppose I did not read the sign that said “no men allowed”, I apologize. Did not even see the label HerSailnet. I always thought I was welcome in both groups, but I keep getting hammered by those who think I should not be allowed in either group. Yes, I suppose I should be more careful and not post in a group that hates those who offer a different life experience. Again my apologies...

Quote Juliemor: "When it comes to men and women, we're very different with very different life experiences. If I want to speak to the women, I come to herSailnet. Isn't that why it was created?"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook