SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hard choices..
Thread: Hard choices..
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012

Hopefulliveaboard is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Hard choices..

Hello all, firstly let me say im selling my house, I have yet to commit to another property because I would like to liveaboard. Currently I live in this ranch home on 6.55 acres with my 6yr.old son and his mother whom has a serious methadone addiction-its legal here- so I cant use that against her to get my boy, she also has a 17yr son whom ive grown to love after 8 years of knowing him. I have a feeling that if I dont make a break now she will just suck through the money in no time-shes already picking out expensive furniture I dont want or need. Ive tried to convince her that living aboard would be a good idea she would not even entertain the ideal. I would hate to leave my kids but she is dragging me down. I was thinking of buying her a little house to keep a roof over their heads and buy myself a nice used cruiser to live on. I have family in panama and my best friend moved to ecuador whom says theres a market for english speakers. Do I need my passport for cruising? I want to live off the hook and come back for my kids once they are old enough to choose. Does this sound crazy? Im sure ive left out alot but I can fill in the gaps if anyone is interested or has advice for me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook