SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hard choices..
Thread: Hard choices..
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: Hard choices..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulliveaboard View Post
Hello all, firstly let me say im selling my house, I have yet to commit to another property because I would like to liveaboard. Currently I live in this ranch home on 6.55 acres with my 6yr.old son and his mother whom has a serious methadone addiction-its legal here- so I cant use that against her to get my boy, she also has a 17yr son whom ive grown to love after 8 years of knowing him. I have a feeling that if I dont make a break now she will just suck through the money in no time-shes already picking out expensive furniture I dont want or need. Ive tried to convince her that living aboard would be a good idea she would not even entertain the ideal. I would hate to leave my kids but she is dragging me down. I was thinking of buying her a little house to keep a roof over their heads and buy myself a nice used cruiser to live on. I have family in panama and my best friend moved to ecuador whom says theres a market for english speakers. Do I need my passport for cruising? I want to live off the hook and come back for my kids once they are old enough to choose. Does this sound crazy? Im sure ive left out alot but I can fill in the gaps if anyone is interested or has advice for me.
Frankly, you need serious professional family counseling, not anonymous advice from people that don't know you or your kids. In any case, I can assure you that leaving your children with your wife to satisfy your own needs would be unwise in the extreme (IMHO). There will be no "choosing" by them when you elect to return, you will have already made their choice for them.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook