SailNet Community - View Single Post - Advise on Weight & Type of Anchor for Islander 37
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
Re: Advise on Weight & Type of Anchor for Islander 37

Note: I have Not bought my anchors yet. I was talking about the Danforth because it's the 1st anchor that I read about, have not bought anything. My Islander 37 is being delivered on the 31st. The I-37 will not be in the water until April 2013. I will focus on all the (1st) important items -- needs Rudder repaired, needs 4 in. x 4 in. hole repaired that was cause by a accident (Hurricane). Next, go over the boat... top to bottom and make a do list. I talked to the owner a couple days ago. Now, I d know the boat faily well (thru him). He thinks it's ready to go after the rudder and the small hole is patched, he spent $ 20K on the boat (engine, drive, etc.).

Please bear with me, new guys to sailing .. ain't too brilliant. I have a note book 3/8 inch thick, started the 20th of Oct., the day I bought the I37.

Thanks,

Avery

So, I'm zeroing in one, two or three anchors I need for my boat. The Islander was sold without it's anchors. The Modern Designs are the answer, according to everyones vote's (above) with Mantus, Rocna and Manson Supreme as best choice. I'm really green and smiling.. when I read about the -- lunch, evening, storm anchoring (smiling, like a dummy) but I get the concept.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook