SailNet Community - View Single Post - Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012

Kalina-Lona is on a distinguished road
Re: Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agri View Post
Just looking to hear how other people feel these boats stack up against each other? I lean towards the Vancouver but like the prices of the Vega. The ones I've looked at so far all seam sea worthy however both the Vancouvers need major interior refits compared to decent interiors in the Vegas I've been to see. I prefer the Vancouvers mainly for the transom hung rudder, and I'm not a huge fan of that massive window on the Vega but I'm willing to over look that because of their reputation.

Basically I want to know of one is an inherintely and substantionally better boat or does it come down to personal preference. They both seem pretty similar overall.

Sidenote: the Vancouvers are both of the single headsail variety no cutter rigs.
Hi...I have looked at the Vega 27 as our first boat and after watching Chuck and Laura Rose's sailing series "Cruising Lealea" on You Tube it seems an amazing boat.
I'm going to search our area for the Vancouver...in the mean time we have a Halman 27 to see today.
Not to side track, but has anyone have any good info. or reviews on the Halman.
Good luck with your search!

Cheers,

Ron
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook