SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Paulo,
Sorry old friend, bit of confusion caused by me re those last posts of mine. Suffice it to say I didn't take in the posts re the Hanse and went straight for the HR. Remember that I am not so concerned with the performance as you are and look more for acceptable comfort levels both inside and out. For that I feel the HR makes most sense, even over the Malo for me. That said, I would also much prefer either the Swede or XC over the Hanse.
Andrews,
Who would not prefer the XC42 over the Hanse? Pity it costs almost three times more and that makes all the difference.

Regarding that story anout the HR making more sense than the Malo in what regards comfort I don't agree with you and I think it is a lot of ********

Some years ago Voile and Voiliers tested at the same time the XC 42 against the Dufour 425, both boats at the same time in the water. Because the Dufour is a much lighter boat they tried to find a difference in sea motion and comfort between the two boats namely in what regards wave passage. Well they could not find any. That is true that the conditions were pretty much normal, I mean the weather was good and they believe and (I agree) that in rough conditions that should make some difference but.....we all sail pretty much on the test sail conditions and avoid bad weather.

So in what regards to make sense having a more heavier and slow boat on account of comfort, if we are nor talking about extreme boats...well

Teaser du match XC 42 / Dufour 425 por AgatheArmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post

If you remember we looked quite seriously at the previous generation Hanse 400 before we bought the Malo and to be frank it was our overall disappointment with the Hanse that pushed us towards Malo. At the time I'd have gone preferably for a Dehler 45, even over the Malo but there were none available even vaguely in our price range. Hanse for me is just too Ikea down below. Really poor quality fitout in every respect though I admit they have a wonderful layout, shame they make it out of papier mache. if all I wanted was a weekend cruiser that would not be embarassed around the buoys then I guess the Hanse would do but that is not my preference.

Andrew B
I agree about the interior and it is just a shame that they had finished with the epoxy option and that the boat has not a traveler.
The epoxy option made a lot of sense and at 8000 euros it was not expensive for what offered ( a lighter, stronger and waterproof boat).
The Hanse 415 has a lot to offer: the best stability in the class an a boat that is faster than the Oceanis and almost as fast as the Jeanneau.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook