SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tell Me About Jeanneaus
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Tell Me About Jeanneaus

We've been extremely happy with our Jeanneau. She sails like a rocket on rails with furling 135 genoa and furling main with NO battens. Some would try to argue that can't be done. While not a high end brand, our is very often mistaken for one. Probably the majestic blue paint job.

While Jeanneau is owned by the same company as Beneteau, they began separately. I recall, when they merged, that Benie affirmed they would not change the manufacturing process of Jennies, which I understand was a bit superior and a bit more expensive. I believe they kept that vision.

I have to admit that I think the pre-2008ish era had better mechanical fixtures and I prefer the teak work from those days to the new manufactured teak. But, if you like a contemporary look, the new finishes would be very appealing. Clean and bright.

I have not sailed the newer series boats, but do have a friend that recently delivered a 509. He said it was unbelievably fast.

In the end, when shopping for our current boat, we found ourselves comparing all others to her. She is the perfect balance of sailing and living for us. She is better designed for coastal cruising than blue water passage, but perfectly capable of the latter. I believe you buy the boat for what you intend to do with it 90% of the time, as long as she can handle the exception or two. That's what we have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook