SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boatyard near Dahlgren, Va recommendations
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012

Raybrett is on a distinguished road
Re: Boatyard near Dahlgren, Va recommendations

Greetings, I keep a 27' Contest at Dahlgren Marine Services. They have several open slips. I don't know the capacity of their open lift crane, which happens to be down right now. It's a clean and neatly maintained facility.
As I write this my boat is not in the slip but among a bunch of others anchored in a nice nearby hurricane hole escaping Sandy.
Incidently, the current owners home behind the marina once belonged to Mrs. Golden, who was visited by John Wilks Booth while escaping from DC after assanniating Pres. Lincoln.
The marina is next to the Naval Surface Warfare Command, Dahlgren. They have an active sailing and casual racing fleet and their own marina. Shopping and restaurants are a short drive away.
I've kept boats at Pirates Den and Shymansky's at Cobb Island MD. They allow you to work on your boat. I like them both.
If I lived in King George VA, which I do , I'd consider Dahlgren Marine works. The lower Potomac is a great place for sailing.
Internet: Dahlgren Marine Services.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook