SailNet Community - View Single Post - Will Hurricane Sandy Affect You?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Will Hurricane Sandy Affect You?

Quote:
Dave - That takes real balls to ride it out on the boat! Rain has stopped here, and forecasts for more rain have been really cut back to about 2" more. That's it. The wind is really howling past my house, but direction is parallel to my boat, so hopefully it won't blow off the stands. Direction will shift tomorrow to a little less favorable direction, but speed is forecast to be less than tonight.-takefive
Rick,

No balls, just crazy, but you knew that. I also am helping out at the club. We are all owners here unlike a marina so we band together at ties like this. Clubhouse is open, we are watching everyone else's boats, making meals together, and of oourse partying . Government is closed anyway so I am off. Donna is a nurse so was home today and is working the next two. She was without electricity since 2 today, while I have my boats power and a nice hot shower. I have to tell you it was major being on the boat today.

Don't give up on ths storm yet, we are only half way through it. We still have the backside to go through yet which will take another 18 hours. We are in a little bit of a lull right now as the old eye of the storm is 20 miles north right now. Winds have dropped from 45 continuous with gusts to 68 to now 20 straight line with an occasional 30. Took the time to adjust lines and chafe gear. Forecast is for the tides to be 3-7 ft above normal on tomorrow's incoming high at 6:35. Winds will be 45 continuous with gusts to 70 from the SW then S. right at my stern.grrrrrr. Forecasting 5 inches more of rain as the is the wrap around rains come through. No time to relax yet. Sandys juggernaught production still has a second act left. My old home in Ocean City, NJ was destroyed today when Sandy came ashore.

Hope all are safe, your families are safe, and your boats come though it unscathed.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook