SailNet Community - View Single Post - Halloween Hurricane
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Forked River & LBI Updates

I just received an email from a friend who lives in Forked River, NJ. Evidently Silver Cloud Marina took a bit of a beating but most boats appear to have weathered the storm OK. Water got up into the parking lot at Tall Oaks but boats blocked up seem to be OK, so my boat should be OK. Fingers crossed.

Wilberts and the State Marina are still under water. Definitely a great job by Dave, Dennis and the crew pulling and prepping boats. These guys know what they're doing.

No word on marinas closer to the bay. Evidently Bay Ave is still flooded out. I'm going to try and get down later today to check on my boat if the roads are passable.

Water levels reported by the USGS tide station on Cedar Creek are at 7.25 feet above normal and not dropping. Probably a combination of rain water run off and water trapped in Barnegat Bay. I'd expect water levels on Forked River to be similar.

Long Beach Island didn't fair so well. What I've been hearing out of Shelter Harbor Marina in Beach Haven is pretty dire (see post #203). Evidently Morrisons took a pretty good hit as well. The picture below is a cell phone photo forwarded to me by a friend on the island. I don't have any more details on Morrison's but the photo speaks for itself.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook