SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where do the Cheoy Lee Folks Hangout?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012

Alias is on a distinguished road
Re: Where do the Cheoy Lee Folks Hangout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Mickleborough View Post
Just bought a Cheoy Lee Offshore 33. Anyone have any thoughts to share on these boats? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about them.
I've also recently bought a CL Clipper 33. I think they are very unique and definitely a head turner at any marina. Don't know about the Offshore 33 but mine is built like a brick sh*t house.

I think there is info on them out there but they are all scattered throughout the cyberspace. I think I've seen all there is to see about CL on the web (at least for the Clipper 33). I've gone as far as page 10 on the Goolgle search, lol.

I've also looked at the CL association page, a great effort but very very dated and difficult to navigate, especially the forum, and unfortunately, a lot of their links are no longer valid. I've also ran into a few blogs out there on the web and they do provide some info, here and there. There's also a "Cheoy Lee Sailboat Owners" group on Facebook as well.

The info is out there but you do have to spend a lot of time searching. I think that there might be more info on the Offshore 33 since I think there are more of them out there than the Clipper 33.

Love my boat, she's not pristine nor problem free but she has everything that I want in a boat. I hope you will enjoy yours.

Last edited by Alias; 10-30-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook