SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hurricane Sandy: How did you do?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012

NCC320 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hurricane Sandy: How did you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
NCC230'

Grow up will you. There was no bait to take. It wasn't meant as any dig. Stop reading into it.
I am thankfull for all my friends who survived this torment whatever way they did and that they are safe no matter how they handled it.

Dave
Chef...

It's cool...

In my past life (engineer), I once had a supervisor who loved to play a game. Each morning our group of 8-10 would assemble for a brief review of problems, solutions, and happenings in the plant over the previous night, and if necessary to discuss possible solutions to ongoing problems. On slow days, when everything was running smoothly, the supervisor would make some statement to get under the skin of one or more of the engineers....never anything personal, but something work related that might be argued about. If no one challenged his statement, he would take a little more absurd position. Eventually, it would get bad enough that someone would take issue with the supervisor's position. Then the debate was on, and sometimes it would get a little heated. It wasn't that the supervisor believed the positions he sometimes took, it was just a game to see who could be superior in debating skills. Sometimes in these internet threads, you seem to do likewise...It's almost as if you wanted someone to question a statement or position just to get a discussion going. Could this be true?

Irregardless, for those who came out ok in this serious storm, I'm glad for you, and for those who didn't, I wish you the best in recovery.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook