SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012

daviid is on a distinguished road
Re: Hanse 325/345

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hanse 325:

Well, I don't understand why they have a relatively new 325 and now they make a 345. Less than a ft difference seems not to make sense in what regards a line but in fact the boats are very different. I don't think the 325 is a match for the Bavaria, that looks better and nicer but the 345 is another story and that's probably why Yacht magazine chose to make a comparative between the Bavaria 33 and the 345 and not the 325 that is closer in size and probably in price.

As I said the 345 is a very different boat and I like it. It seems to me the better design on the new line of Hanse: Not too beamy with 3.50 and with a high B/D for this class of boats (33%) the boat looks bigger than a 34ft and the interior looks better designed than on other Hanse.

I bet this boat is going to be a best seller notm only among the Hanse boats, but globally. A pity the lack of a traveller but maybe a big dealer can convince the guys from Hanse to put on the top of the cabin the necessary reinforcements to mount one.
Hi Paulo

There is a rumour that the new H345 will replace the 325 and the 355 which would then make sense - the range would then be 345, 385, 415, 445, 495, 545, 575 and 630e

The Hanse owners website now has a separate section for the H345 - New Hanse 345 - myHanse - Hanse Yachts Owners Forum - Page 1

I have reviewed the H345 in this forum.

I think Hanse introduced the H345 in response to the Dufour 335. Both boats offer a lot of boat for their size and include some really interesting innovations. One point to note is the mainsheet system with Hanse opting for the coachroof block system and Dufour opting for a pad eye in the cockpit system that is fitted to the cockpit table.

Voile et Voilier in the November edition commented that the H345 offered pleasure with complete security and found the boat to be very seaworthy. At Euro 100,344 the new H345 will be hard to beat if you are looking for a cruiser of this size. Just my opinion as a Hanse owner without any other affiliations
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook