SailNet Community - View Single Post - Winter Moisture Control
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012
C&C 34

MysticGringo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MysticGringo Send a message via AIM to MysticGringo Send a message via Yahoo to MysticGringo Send a message via Skype™ to MysticGringo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
The good news is, after a single night of having insulation installed and running the heater at full throttle, the boat is now DRY. The window frames have stopped sweating and my clothing is all dry. I still have two long panels to cut and install on the bulkheads in the v-berth, but that's all.

I'm mightily impressed.
I had a similar experience as you. This is my first winter aboard, and we stayed on during Sandy. I did everything wrong when I comes to condensation. I buttoned up the boat tight, kept bringing in wet foul-weather gear, made pasta (was warm and tasty, so I don't see it totally wrong) and only had a firepot (extremely closely watched) for heat. Every surface was dripping.

When they brought power back on, I ran a heater, cracked a vent, and am completely dry. I didn't add any insulation though. I think its all about ventilation... atleast for me. Warm air from heater absorbs the moisture, then escapes thru the hatch I have cracked open.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook