SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i would think ships radios and other commercial equipment they had worked fine. info is on bounty website and fb pages.

is available for all to read.
more folks should have read these pages.
Hi Zeehag

You mean this:

UPDATED NEWS!!!!!!!! We received a distress call for Bounty at 1830 Sunday evening October 28th that the Ship lost power and the pumps were unable to keep up with the dewatering. At that time we immediately contacted the USCG for assistance. A C130 was sent to there position approximately 90 miles SE of Cape Hatteras. Sunday morning approximately 0400, the Captain ordered all hands to abandon ship. There were 16 Crew on board. The USCG dispatched helicopters to rescue the brave crew. At this time, 14 of the 16 crew members have been safely returned to land and are in good health. We are saddened to report that there is still one crew member missing and one crew member that did not make it. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family of the crew member that is no longer with us. The USCG is continuing their efforts to search for the missing crew member and we are praying for a safe return. Please keep them in your prayers! We will keep everyone informed as info becomes available.

I cannot find more

It you are referring to this the important is to know why the two engine stop working and why there was such a big ingress of water. The conditions were not that bad. I assume the ingress of water was the main problem that lead to non functioning engines and to a compromised stability and posterior capsize. Of course this is only a logical assumption, I can be wrong

Do you found anything about what lead to that big ingress of water?

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook