SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where do the Cheoy Lee Folks Hangout?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012

Alias is on a distinguished road
Re: Where do the Cheoy Lee Folks Hangout?

I have some work to do on mine as well but I must first rewire the whole boat. Previous owner said that he didn't do it but the wiring on my boat was atrocious and unsafe. I've since ripped them all out, feet and feet of solid copper wires, some were even exposed. Well, I wanted to update all of the electrical and electronics anyway. I want her to be a nice old boat with modern updated equipment.

I was also warned about the Cheoy Lees but I've already fallen in love so there was no swaying me. I love the fact she has lots of wood. The previous owner has also recently removed the teak deck since he said that they were leaking. One day, I'd like to replace all that with the'Teak Decking Systems', real teak but glued on.

Know exactly what you mean, 'Catalina crowd'. They just look like all other sailboats that are out there, lost in the sea of white plastics. With CL, I can just look at all the masts and the one with two vanished wooden ones is mine

I don't race so I'm very with her performance. I single-hand the boat and the hardest thing I've encounter so far is docking. Lots of mass and inertia for a 33 foot boat, but so far so good. I think I'm in it for a long haul.